The AJWS Global Justice Fellowship is heavily subsidized by AJWS and several generous donors, enabling us to offer this opportunity at a minimal cost. Fellows pay a one-time fellowship fee of $180 – $540 (on a sliding scale based on financial ability) and are additionally responsible for paying for visas, vaccinations, medications, and health/travel insurance. All other fellowship expenses — including international and domestic travel and all supplies and programs — are covered as a benefit of the fellowship.
The following list outlines the entire cost of the program:
Expenses paid by AJWS and subsidized by our donors:
• International flight, accommodations, group meals, and activities during international travel component
• Domestic flights, accommodations, group meals, and activities for U.S.-based engagement events/trainings
• Programmatic costs (e.g., AJWS curriculum, group medical supplies, trainings)
Expenses paid by fellows:
• $180 – $540 (based on sliding scale)
• Visa for international travel (if needed)
• Vaccinations or other medical expenses related to international travel
• Health insurance (all fellows must have international/travelers’ insurance)
• Food during free time on program and outside of group meals (these expenses are minimal; we recommend bringing approximately $50 for such costs during international travel).