To complete the AJWS Global Justice Fellowship application, you will need to submit responses to the following questions in Word or PDF format, along with a recent print quality headshot.
Short Answer Questions
For each question below, please draft a response of 500 words or less.
- Why do you want to participate in the AJWS Global Justice Fellowship? How do you expect that your participation in the fellowship will meaningfully contribute to your professional development and your community’s engagement with global human rights?
- What unique qualities do you bring to the Fellowship? (Please include any of the following: hard and soft skills, expertise, past experiences, perspective, networks you want to organize or anything else you feel is relevant).
- Share an example of a time when you used your positional power to mobilize your community and lead an initiative that brought about significant, lasting change—either in your own community or beyond. Please reflect on how you used your moral authority to shift existing power structures and describe the impact, challenges and growth you experienced as a leader.
In addition to basic biographical information, you will also need:
- Name, phone number and email address for a reference
- Brief descriptions of your skills and experience with community engagement and social media
- A brief (100-150 word) bio, written with similar structure and length to these.
- A print quality headshot. (Print quality is at least 300 DPI, 500 pixels high/wide, 100KB file.)
Upload short answer questions in Word or PDF format and headshot at the end of the application form.
Applications for the Global Justice Fellowship are due by May 24th, 2019.
For more information, please contact Joseph Gindi.