To complete the AJWS Global Justice Fellowship application, you will need to submit a resume and responses to the following questions in Word or PDF format, along with a recent headshot.
Short Answer Questions
For each question below, please draft a response of 500 words or less.
- Why do you want to participate in the AJWS Global Justice Fellowship?
- A primary goal of the Global Justice Fellowship is for participants to work with AJWS to mobilize and organize the American Jewish community to advocate on issues of global justice. We are interested in investing in rabbinic leaders who have already demonstrated success in mobilizing their respective communities. To that end, please share an example of a time when you used your positional power to mobilize your community and lead an initiative that brought about significant, lasting change—either in your own community or beyond. Please reflect on how you used your moral authority to shift existing power structures and describe the impact, challenges and growth you experienced as a leader.
- What unique qualities do you bring to the Fellowship? (Please include any of the following: hard and soft skills, expertise, past experiences, perspective, networks you want to organize or anything else you feel is relevant).
In addition to basic biographical information, you will also need:
- Your passport number and expiration date
- Emergency contact information
- Names, phone numbers and email addresses for two references
- Brief descriptions of your skills and experience with community engagement and social media
- A brief (100-150 word) bio
Upload application, resume and headshot in Word or PDF format at the end of the application form.