A series of virtual and in-person educational opportunities to build community among fellows, provide context for the travel experience and introduce participants to AJWS’s campaign themes.
Welcome and Introductory Webinar
October 10, 2018
In-Person NYC Seminar
November 5 – 6, 2018
Educational Preparation (including short readings, video clips, and brief text studies done as individuals, in partner study, and/or web-based discussion)
~20 hours total between October and April
An immersive, 7-day experience in Guatemala—emphasizing engagement with local experts, meeting local advocates funded by AJWS, exploring the impact of U.S. policy on developing world communities, and training in activism and leadership skills.
Travel Prep Webinar
December 11, 2018
January 13-20, 2019
Engage in follow-up workshops—both virtual and in-person, including direct lobbying in Washington, D.C.—to develop organizing and leadership skills, stay updated on AJWS’s key issues, and plan area events individually and with your fellowship group to further engage your communities.
Post Travel Webinar
February 12, 2019
Lobby in Washington, D.C.
March 11-13, 2019
Program Siyum Webinar
April 9, 2019
Publicly support AJWS’s human rights campaigns
- Speak and/or write about your experience and AJWS’s campaign work
- Generate local press
- Participate in meetings with elected officials and advocate that they sponsor/sign letters to push forward AJWS’s human rights agenda
- Support AJWS sign-on letters by mobilizing your own community
Expand AJWS’s reach
- Empower lay-leaders to organize an event to build AJWS’s base in your community
- Organize local clergy to mobilize support for AJWS’s advocacy campaign
- Fundraise for AJWS
- Share action alerts with social action committee, community members and clergy association
For more information about the application and program logistics, please refer to the FAQs page or contact us using the form below.