This study tour has passed.
Join AJWS Global Circle for an unforgettable trip to Nicaragua, a country of natural beauty and a turbulent revolutionary past.
- Meet with visionary Nicaraguan leaders and activists, such as AMEWAS, an organization helping rural victims of domestic violence rebuild their lives.
- Witness the impact of grassroots activism and its life-changing effect on women, girls, and LGBT people around the country.
- Immerse yourself in Nicaraguan culture and learn about Nicaragua’s fascinating and complex history, from pre-Columbian times to the Contras and Sandinistas.
- Experience the excitement of cities like Grenada, one of the oldest and best preserved colonial cities in Central America.
- Connect with like-minded young professionals committed to AJWS’s mission of global justice.
- Explore the natural wonders of this Central American gem, including the lush rainforest of Matagalpa, and Masaya, an active volcano.
Dates: October 19-26, 2014
Cost per person (excluding airfare): *$1,875 based on double occupancy (single supplement $300)
*The trip cost includes accommodations, meals and local transfers for 7 nights in Managua, Masaya, Matagalpa and Granada.