Your gift of appreciated stock to American Jewish World Service offers critical support to realizing human rights and ending poverty in the developing world, while providing you with several financial advantages:
- Avoiding federal and state tax on capital gains
- Receiving an income-tax deduction for the full market value of your gift if you itemize deductions on your tax return and have held the assets for at least one year
- Making a larger gift at a lower original cost to you
Please consult your financial planner or tax advisor to determine how these tax advantages might apply to your specific situation.
How To Make A Gift of Stock
Step 1: Instruct your broker to make an electronic transfer to:
Account Number: 54969391 • DTC#793
237 Park Avenue, 8th Floor
New York, NY 10017
Step 2: Inform AJWS of your stock gift. Since privacy laws discourage brokerage firms from releasing their client names, please let us know about your gift so we can thank you! Please contact Cathy Wolf at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 212.273.1620 with the following information:
- Name of securities
- Number of shares you are transferring
- Brokerage house / accounting firm and contact name
- Your name, phone number and e-mail address
AJWS has received an “A” rating from the American Institute of Philanthropy since 2004 and a top rating of four stars from Charity Navigator for 14 years. AJWS also meets all 20 of Better Business Bureau’s standards for charity accountability.