The Prospect Research intern will support, and work with the Prospect Development Manager and Prospect Research Coordinator. The intern will work heavily with the regional fundraising teams on donor research for major donors and executive team materials, storing and categorizing donor information in our database, and spearheading several data and database hygiene projects. There will be a focus on discovering and learning information about donors using public records, databases, and web searching. The ideal candidate will have a curiosity and interest in research, reading, and categorizing information. The intern will have the opportunity to work with front-line fundraising teams and learn the fundamentals of fundraising, while working within a data-driven and operations focused team.
The Intern will learn:
- How to navigate a major donor database (Salesforce)
- Donor research, which includes reading and navigating public records and wealth information
- The fundamentals of fundraising from an operational, not donor facing team
- Basic Salesforce reporting, data, and analytics
- Update our database with all past board members (1985-present)
- Hard/soft credit clean-up project including scanning of old gift documentation
- Organize constituent folders with donor research and historical materials
- Move research (from briefings) into salesforce to build out donor profiles
- Perform donor research for fundraisers
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience in relational databases, preferably in Salesforce
- Demonstrated analytical, organizational and critical thinking skills.
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Interest in fundraising and philanthropy
How to Apply:
This is a paid 8-week program, beginning June 22nd and concluding August 14th. It is designed for students who have completed at least one year at a college or university. Students interested in pursuing a summer internship at AJWS should submit a resume and application via email to email@example.com with the name(s) of the internship(s) in the subject line.
Driven by Jewish and human rights values, AJWS prioritizes and celebrates diversity. People of color; lesbian, gay, bisexual, intersex, trans and gender non-conforming people; women; and differently abled people are encouraged to apply. We also encourage applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual and cultural backgrounds.
Application submission deadline is March 6, 2020.