Overview of AJWS
American Jewish World Service (AJWS) is the leading Jewish organization working to fight poverty and pursue justice in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean. By supporting hundreds of social change organizations in 18 countries, we respond to the most pressing issues of our time—from disasters, genocide and hunger, to the persecution of women and minorities worldwide. With Jewish values and a global reach, AJWS is making a difference in millions of lives and bringing a more just and equitable world closer for all.
Reporting to the Director of Development Operations, the Prospect Development Manager will partner with the Development Division to oversee portfolio management, pipeline building, prospect research, and data & metrics for the full fundraising team. This position will holistically monitor all fundraising portfolios using moves management systems and portfolio reviews, and will continue to feed the donor pipeline with strategic prospecting and thoughtful portfolio assignment. Manage one, full time prospect researcher.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop strong partnerships with front-line fundraisers and partner with development division staff to provide prospect identification and research services throughout the fundraising cycle
- Oversee regular (tri-annual) portfolio reviews with all Relationship Managers.
- Oversee the portfolio management of the Major Gift and Institutional Giving teams, including prospect portfolios. Maintain and update portfolio business rules. Ensure frontline teams are adhering to policies through regular data review.
- Oversee and provide training for development division staff on best practices in Prospect Development.
- Oversee metrics and dashboards for portfolio, and moves management.
- Identify prospective donors using a range of resources, through constituent list segmentation, database screening; understand wealth indictors; and analyze information on prospects and assess giving ability for the creation of target fundraising and cultivation strategies
- Research, organize, and analyze information from a variety of sources to determine prospect’s capacity, relationships, and philanthropic interests to evaluate their potential interest in AJWS
- Manage and refine board peer review program.
- Identify required resources for prospect research and maintain vendor relationships and contracts such as iWave, wealth screening vendor, etc.
- Implement processes to utilize wealth screen information in developing prospective donor lists and analysis. Develop system to disseminate information on a regular basis to relationship managers in a user-friendly format.
- Prepare meeting briefing documents for donor and prospect meetings with the CEO and President; review all other briefing materials including event briefings.
- Collaborate with the database administrator on management and organization of donor and prospect files. Ensure prospect and donor research and records are maintained in the donor database.
- Other projects as assigned.
Compensation and Benefits Information:
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience and the market;
- Paid Time Off: 15-21 Federal and religious holidays off each year in addition to generous vacation and sick days;
- Full health benefits coverage with minimal contribution by employees;
- 403(b): 4% company match (safe harbor);
- Flexible Spending Account and Commuter Benefits;
- Workplace flexibility and generous leave policy.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 5-7 years related experience in prospect management or research
- Experience with wealth screening and other prospect research tools
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Naturally inquisitive and investigative disposition
- Ability to read and interpret raw data and disseminate it into usable, understandable information
- Attention to detail and customer-focused
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft office suite
- Proficiency with relational databases such as Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce, or other CRM; experience with moves management and dashboards
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in dynamic, fast-moving organization, meet deadlines, and handle multiple, complex projects
- Analytical thinker and problem solver
- Ability to handle confidential information
Black, Indigenous and People of Color; Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Intersex, Trans and Gender non-conforming people; women; and differently abled people are encouraged to apply. We also encourage applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual and cultural backgrounds.
As an organization committed to promoting social justice around the world, it is essential that we incorporate a diverse, equitable and inclusive lens into all aspects of our work at AJWS. We encourage applicants with a global perspective and a commitment to values around diversity, equity, and inclusion to apply.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, apply below.
Applications submitted without a resume and personalized cover letter will not be considered.