Overview of AJWS
American Jewish World Service (AJWS) is the leading Jewish organization working to fight poverty and pursue justice in the developing world. By supporting hundreds of social change organizations in 19 countries, we respond to the most pressing issues of our time—from disasters, genocide and hunger, to the persecution of women and minorities worldwide. With Jewish values and a global reach, AJWS is making a difference in millions of lives and bringing a more just and equitable world closer for all.
Overview of the Position
The Risk Management and Administrative Services department, a part of the Finance and Administration Division, is responsible for a broad range of organizational operations and processes, which allow AJWS to run effectively, operate efficiently and manage risk thoughtfully. The team oversees risk management, domestic and international safety and security, commercial insurances, organizational legal compliance, shipping and mail services, and reception. They also manage the facilities and physical space for all of AJWS’ offices and hold the centralized systems for contract processing and travel management.
This position, reporting to the Facilities Manager, represents the face of AJWS at the New York headquarter office. It staffs our reception area and handles operational and administrative tasks that ensure a smooth functioning of the office. This position is required to arrive at the office an hour earlier than the general office hours and can leave the office an hour early. The first hour is spent ensuring the office is in order for business.
The job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Staff the AJWS front office/reception at AJWS’s New York office;
- Maintain a clean and welcoming reception area with appropriate décor and appropriate AJWS material in the waiting area;
- Greet and communicate with visitors in a professional, courteous and hospitable manner including handling coat check services, storing umbrellas and bags in closets, offering water and beverages, and informing staff of their visitor’s arrival;
- Maintain accurate and complete sign-in/sign-out procedures for visitors;
- Maintain up-to-date basic knowledge of AJWS’s business, mission, projects, programs, leadership etc. and be able to answer basic questions in person and over the phone about these topics;
- Maintain and provide driving, parking and public transportation directions to all AJWS’s office locations, area restaurants, area health clinics etc.;
- Maintain readily accessible list of phone numbers for taxis and food delivery services and be able to call taxi services for staff and visitors;
- Answer multi-line phones with ease, direct incoming calls to appropriate staff and make outgoing calls as required;
- Monitor visitor access and maintain security awareness around the reception area at all times;
- Stay conversant with AJWS’s site security plan and respond as needed in security situations; and
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of personnel whereabouts and provide information when required.
- Undertake routine purchases for the organization including basic office supplies and pantry supplies;
- Stock pantries on all three floors of the office with supplies;
- Purchase/order meals and snacks from catering services for organization-wide meetings as required;
- Receive mail, packages, sign for special mail and deliveries as required and ensure packages are picked up by relevant staff while ensuring that a chain of custody is maintained;
- Ensure outgoing special mail left at reception is picked up by mail services on time and that relevant staff is informed of late/delayed pick-ups;
- Assist in setting up conference rooms before and after meetings as needed
- Assist with onsite event planning as needed;
- Process invoices and expense reports for various vendors including AJWS lease payments, office suppliers, pantry suppliers, utilities etc. as directed;
- Monitor use of AJWS wellness room and staff adherence to guidelines for use
- Under directions from Director, RMAS ,
- Provide staff support and monitoring of AJWS travel tool (Concur) to ensure compliance of AJWS travel policy
- Solicit travel plans from AJWS staff on a regular basis, enter travel information into the travel tracker and send them to AJWS’s travel risk management partner (Global Rescue) in a timely manner to populate the Global Risk Intelligence Directory (GRID);
- Enter travel information in Outlook calendars of AJWS staff responsible for safety and security of travelers;
- Schedule pre-trip check-ins for traveling staff with the Administrative Services Manager;
- Issue insurance certificates for AJWS staff and ICC’s traveling internationally
- Champions the identification and reporting of RMAS operational risks through risk management tools developed by team
- Provides monthly updates to RMAS Newsletter
- Assist in any other operational and administrative support tasks as required.
- B. A. degree or an equivalent combination of education and education
- 1+ years of experience in basic administrative support
- Must be able to function well in a fast-paced work environment, able to respond to multiple requests for assistance simultaneously
- Experience using communication systems like projector, audio visual devices, mikes
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a flexible and collaborative spirit
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and work effectively with personnel, visitors, donors and vendors
- Ability to prioritize and work under deadlines
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Willingness to work after hours
- Enthusiasm, professionalism and a passion for hospitality management
- Commitment to building warm and collegial relationships with staff at many different levels
- High level of emotional intelligence with a positive outlook and a good sense of humor
- Strong commitment to AJWS’s mission and core values
Compensation and Benefits Information
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience and the market;
- Paid Time Off: 15-21 Federal and religious holidays off each year in addition to generous vacation and sick days;
- Full health benefits coverage with minimal contribution by employees;
- 403(b): 4% company match (safe harbor);
- Flexible Spending Account and Commuter Benefits;
- Workplace flexibility and generous leave policy.
People of color; lesbian, gay, bisexual, intersex, trans and gender non-conforming people; women; and differently abled people are encouraged to apply. We also encourage applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, intellectual and cultural backgrounds.
Authorization to work in the US is required.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, apply below.
Applications submitted without a resume and personalized cover letter will not be considered.