The AJWS Eastern Region Major Gifts team is seeking a development intern with a strong interest in the non-profit sector, human rights and international development, to assist the team with all aspects of fundraising. The intern will report to the Development Associate for Major Gifts and will work on projects collaborating with every department within the division. This position requires individuals who are highly motivated, organized, and able to work effectively with a variety of staff.
The Intern will gain the following skills:
A development internship provides an opportunity:
- To gain experience and familiarity with areas such as fundraising, philanthropy, and the day-to-day operations of a globally focused nonprofit organization
- To be mentored by development professionals
- To learn a wide range of skills including database management, donor research, donor prospecting, and effective donor communication
- Build relationships with professionals working in nonprofit development and program
- Learn the ins and outs of donor strategy, from conceptualization to execution
- Donor and prospect research
- Assisting with donor communication, including phone calls, thank you letters, and appeal letters
- Supporting the Eastern Region team on a variety of projects including special event preparation
- Assisting with database management (training on Salesforce will be provided)
- Eager to learn
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team depending on the project
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and a willingness to take on varied tasks with different Eastern Region team members
- Passion for global social justice
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
How to Apply:
This is a paid 8-week program, beginning June 22nd and concluding August 14th. It is designed for students who have completed at least one year at a college or university. Students interested in pursuing a summer internship at AJWS should submit a resume and application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name(s) of the internship(s) in the subject line.
Driven by Jewish and human rights values, AJWS prioritizes and celebrates diversity. People of color; lesbian, gay, bisexual, intersex, trans and gender non-conforming people; women; and differently abled people are encouraged to apply. We also encourage applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual and cultural backgrounds.
Application submission deadline is March 6, 2020.