Overview of AJWS
American Jewish World Service (AJWS) is the leading Jewish organization working to fight poverty and pursue justice in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Caribbean. By supporting hundreds of social change organizations in 17 countries, we respond to the most pressing issues of our time—from disasters, genocide and hunger, to the persecution of women and minorities worldwide. With Jewish values and a global reach, AJWS is making a difference in millions of lives and bringing a more just and equitable world closer for all.
Overview of Team
The Information Technology (IT) Department is one of three teams within the Finance and Administration Division of AJWS. The IT team oversees the IT infrastructure of the organization and provides technology services and solutions to AJWS’s primarily remote global workforce. The team is responsible for the organization’s digital transformation by bringing AJWS’s technological capacity in line with the increasing complexity of its operating environment. The team partners with key process owners across the organization to identify strategic opportunities for systems and technological improvements while supporting the day to day needs of approximately 125 end users.
Reporting to the Director of IT, the IT Support Specialist will be responsible for the overall management of AJWS’s network as well as the day-to-day operations of the infrastructure services while researching, designing, and implementing solutions based on business-strategic goals. The IT Support Specialist also provides technical support to AJWS’s workforce including responding to high level help desk tickets and will work with IT consultants on various IT projects as needed. The position entails working in a fast-paced environment and requires a high level of technical expertise, a strong knowledge of industry standard best practices and the ability to see the big picture while also understanding the end-user experience and the ability to provide day-to-day hands-on support in house or in a remote working environment.
Onsite support in the NYC HQ as needed.
Limited travel to regional offices or internationally may be required.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Primary point of contact for general internal IT issues or requests.
- Management of the Microsoft 365 environment and active directory including user provisioning and licensing. Management of user accounts and groups through active directory and Microsoft Azure Active Directory, including provisioning, licensing, and access control.
- Server maintenance and management of user access policies, profiles, and software to be made available remotely;
- Familiarity with organization’s virtual server environment using VMware;
- Network Server maintenance and management, print server and antivirus scanning, installation of updates and upgrades when necessary;
- Administration of cyber security tools at the endpoint level for Microsoft 365 Defender and Multi Factor Authentication solutions,
- Monitoring network traffic on the servers and switches, detecting bottlenecks and conflicts using cloud-based monitoring tools;
- Timely execution, testing, implementation and monitoring of solutions;
- Supporting the IT Director in managing outsourced vendors performing daily backups and monthly patches and ensure backups, cyber security and network appliances are working and being properly monitored;
- Under the direction of the Director of IT, partnering with third-party vendors and impacted business units on system upgrades, configurations and implementations.
- Provide light support for Salesforce environment.
- Assisting and supporting end users of all technical systems; restore user data when necessary;
- Maintaining compliance of IT operational processes, policies and procedures and complete special projects or initiatives on an as needed basis;
- Managing installations on the endpoint level, upgrades and software licensing and renewals in a timely manner;
- Participating in an on-call rotation to provide technical support to employees; and
- Working occasionally on evenings and weekends to support organizational needs.
- In person technology support for meetings as needed, both in the NYC HQ office or offsite
- Other ad hoc tasks and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or information Systems or comparable technology certification(s); (I.e. CompTIA A+, MCSA, CCNA, ITIL) and 2-4 years of IT support experience;
- Comprehensive knowledge of networking – including network systems troubleshooting;
- 2 years supporting a remote office environment
- Advanced knowledge of cloud-based VoIP, video conferencing equipment and meeting collaboration tools such as Zoom;
- Proven experience in documenting policies and procedure in accordance to auditing requirements;
- Familiarity with Microsoft 365 admin center, Exchange Online, and SharePoint management,
- Ability to work some nights and weekends and be on call for emergency situations;
- Ability to work remotely and in person as needed;
- Ability to juggle a large number of technical issues at a time while effectively prioritizing and making quick decisions about the best solutions to implement;
- Knowledge of all Windows operating systems and Microsoft applications;
- Excellent customer service and communications skills; Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a variety of internal and external stakeholders;
- Proven organizational and project management skills;
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Skilled in cyber security best practices and training staff in awareness implementing these best practices to prevent hacks;
- Knowledge of, and experience with, firewalls, switches, backup and antivirus systems required; and
- VPN setup and management knowledge
- Familiarity with Microsoft 365 Security, Microsoft endpoint manager (formerly Intune) and Azure management services.
- Azure and on-premises Active Directory and group policy management.
- VMware VM administration.
- ManageEngine Endpoint Manager and ServiceDesk Plus and Zoom management; and
- Microsoft Power Automate, Adobe Sign and Acrobat, Salesforce management, Abila MIP a plus.
- Fluency in speaking Spanish and/ or French
- Salary: $60,000-$-$77,000
- Location: Remote – US-based, location-specific (NY-metro area)
- This role is full time (40 HRS), Exempt
Compensation and Benefits Information
- AJWS is committed to a salary framework that aligns with our culture and values. The compensation range reflected is in alignment with our framework and individual pay decisions will vary based on skills and experience while still allowing for growth.
- Paid Time Off: 15-22 Federal and religious holidays off each year in addition to generous vacation and sick days;
- Full health benefits coverage with minimal contribution by employees;
- 403(b): 4.25% company match (safe harbor);
- Flexible Spending Account and Commuter Benefits;
- Workplace flexibility and generous leave policy.
Black, Indigenous and People of Color; Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Intersex, Trans and Gender non-conforming people; women; and differently abled people are encouraged to apply. We also encourage applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual and cultural backgrounds.
As an organization committed to promoting social justice around the world, it is essential that we incorporate a diverse, equitable and inclusive lens into all aspects of our work at AJWS. We encourage applicants with a global perspective and a commitment to values around diversity, equity, and inclusion to apply.
Authorization to work in the US is required.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, apply below. Applications submitted without a resume and personalized cover letter will not be considered. We thank you for your interest in career opportunities with AJWS. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.