Overview of AJWS
American Jewish World Service (AJWS) is the leading Jewish organization working to fight poverty and pursue justice in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean. By supporting hundreds of social change organizations in 18 countries, we respond to the most pressing issues of our time—from disasters, genocide and hunger, to the persecution of women and minorities worldwide. With Jewish values and a global reach, AJWS is making a difference in millions of lives and bringing a more just and equitable world closer for all.
Overview of Team
AJWS has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, motivated, thoughtful and organized individual to contribute to the Digital Strategy team within the Communications and Marketing division. The Digital Strategy team is responsible for leading the digital marketing, fundraising and engagement efforts at AJWS and sets the tone and tenor for where, how and when AJWS communicates with its audiences across the full range of digital platforms and environments. Collaborating very closely with colleagues in the Communications and Marketing division and across the organization, the Digital Strategy team ensures that digital marketing best practices are embedded in the culture and organizational conversation and that we are always tracking towards our marketing goals.
American Jewish World Service (AJWS) is seeking an energetic and motivated individual with a proven track record in web production and content strategy to support and advance the ever-changing online component of our work. We’re looking for someone who’s more than simply a techie: we need someone who can contribute to high-level conversations about where we should be going online and help take us there. The Digital Marketing Officer is an integral member of the Communications and Marketing team and will serve as the primary web producer and content strategist for the organization.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participate in regular online content development and implementation discussions and partner with colleagues on content development, focusing on aligning user needs and organizational needs
- Post web content and review content created in our CMS (WordPress) by other staff members, collaborating with other departments to ensure content is continuously updated using best practices and in an efficient, error-free manner
- Implement AJWS’s web content strategy, making recommendations and coordinating with colleagues across the organization to highlight AJWS’s work
- Create and maintain donation, advocacy and other interactive forms on our digital engagement platform (Springboard), working with the Communications and Marketing team and other colleagues to ensure pages are up-to-date and functional
- Collaborate with peers within AJWS to maintain data integrity between Salesforce and external digital platforms
- In collaboration with internal colleagues and external consultants, establish and monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of web content and landing pages; analyze, review, and report on the effectiveness of those pages to identify new opportunities and adjust our strategies
- Maintain update/removal schedule for outdated and erroneous content
- Provide AJWS colleagues with regular updates and feedback gained from web analytics in order to evolve AJWS’s web presence
- Work with digital strategy team and consultants to optimize user experience and to develop new features for website and CMS
- Maintain and suggest changes to web taxonomy, format and layout of the AJWS site on a section-by-section and whole site basis as appropriate
- Monitor trends in web content and analytics tools, applications, and tactics to gauge what’s important for AJWS to be using
- Update key stakeholders on the progress of web projects
- Identify digital engagement opportunities and participate in conceptualization of digital campaigns (i.e. social media and email campaigns)
- Other suitable projects as they arise
- Two to five years’ experience in a digital strategy, web producer or content manager role
- High-level thinker and strong team player with excellent communication, organizational, and project management skills
- Expertise in digital production and content management systems (WordPress, Drupal or comparable CMS)
- Expertise in the use of Salesforce, Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Springboard or other similar CRM and digital engagement platforms
- Experience aligning audience and organizational needs in content creation
- Strong SEO skills and understanding of digital marketing
- Prior experience using Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager or similar tools
- Strong understanding of user experience, site taxonomy, web design, and development
- Familiarity with basic graphic design and photo editing
- Ability to work collaboratively on several projects at once
- Commitment to the AJWS’s mission and values
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in HTML and CSS
- Eye for detail
- Experience analyzing and improving web production processes
- Experience in advocacy communications and campaigns
- Experience with WordPress development, specifically with Advanced Custom Fields and Roots.io WordPress Development Framework
- Comfortable building and testing landing pages focused on engagement and conversion
- Salary Range: $60,000-$77,000
- This role is full time (40 HRS), Exempt
- This is a union position
Compensation and Benefits Information
- AJWS is committed to a salary framework that aligns with our culture and values. The compensation range reflected is in alignment with our framework and individual pay decisions will vary based on skills and experience while still allowing for growth.
- Paid Time Off: 15-22 Federal and religious holidays off each year in addition to generous vacation and sick days;
- Full health benefits coverage with minimal contribution by employees;
- 403(b): 4% company match (safe harbor);
- Flexible Spending Account and Commuter Benefits;
- Workplace flexibility and generous leave policy.
Black, Indigenous and People of Color; Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Intersex, Trans and Gender non-conforming people; women; and differently abled people are encouraged to apply. We also encourage applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual and cultural backgrounds.
As an organization committed to promoting social justice around the world, it is essential that we incorporate a diverse, equitable and inclusive lens into all aspects of our work at AJWS. We encourage applicants with a global perspective and a commitment to values around diversity, equity, and inclusion to apply.
Authorization to work in the US is required.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, apply below. Applications submitted without a resume and personalized cover letter will not be considered. We thank you for your interest in career opportunities with AJWS. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.