Overview of AJWS
Inspired by the Jewish commitment to justice, American Jewish World Service (AJWS) works to realize human rights and end poverty in the developing world. AJWS advances the health and rights of women, girls and LGBT people; promotes recovery from conflict, disasters and oppression; and defends access to food, land and livelihoods. AJWS pursues lasting change by supporting grassroots and global human rights organizations in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean and by mobilizing supporters in the U.S. to advocate for global justice. Working together, the AJWS community strives to build a more just and equitable world.
American Jewish World Service (AJWS) is seeking an energetic and motivated individual with a proven track record in web production and content strategy to support and advance the ever-growing online component of our work. We’re looking for someone who’s more than simply a techie: we need someone who can contribute to high-level conversations about where we should be going online and help take us there. The Digital Content Strategist is an integral member of the communications team and will serve as the primary webmaster for the organization. This position reports directly to the Associate Director, Digital Strategy. This position is exempt.
- Lead regular online content development and implementation discussions and partner with colleagues on content development, focusing on aligning user needs and organizational needs
- Post web content and review content created in our CMS (WordPress) by other staff members, collaborating with other departments to ensure content is continuously updated using best practices and in an efficient, error-free manner
- Implement AJWS’s web content strategy, making recommendations and coordinating with colleagues across the organization to highlight AJWS’s work
- Establish and monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of web content and landing pages; analyze, review, and report on the effectiveness of those pages to identify new opportunities and adjust our strategies
- Maintain revision/removal schedule for outdated and erroneous content
- Provide AJWS colleagues with regular feedback gained from web analytics in order to evolve AJWS’s web presence
- Work with digital team and consultants to optimize user experience and to develop new features for website and CMS
- Maintain and suggest changes to web taxonomy, format and layout of the AJWS site on a section-by-section and whole-site basis as appropriate
- Monitor trends in web content and analytics tools, applications, and tactics to gauge what’s important for AJWS to be using
- Update key stakeholders on the progress of projects
- Identify digital engagement opportunities and participate in conceptualization of digital campaigns (i.e. social media and email campaigns)
- Other suitable projects as they arise
- Three to five years’ experience in a producer or content manager role
- High-level thinker and strong team player with excellent communication, organizational, and project management skills
- Expertise in digital production and content management systems (WordPress, Drupal or comparable CMS)
- Experience analyzing and improving web production processes
- Experience aligning audience and organizational needs in content creation
- Strong SEO skills and basic understanding of digital marketing
- Prior experience using Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Strong understanding of user experience, site taxonomy, web design, and development
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in HTML and CSS
- Demonstrated excellence in writing, editing, and proofreading
- Familiarity with basic graphic design and photo editing
- Eye for detail
- Experience in advocacy communications and campaigns
- Ability to work collaboratively on several projects at once
- Commitment to the AJWS’s mission and values
People of color; lesbian, gay, bisexual, intersex, trans and gender non-conforming people; women; and differently abled people are encouraged to apply. We also encourage applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual and cultural backgrounds.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, click on the link to apply below. Applications submitted without a resume and personalized cover letter will not be considered.