The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Development Operations team on several donor research and data maintenance projects over the course of the summer. Some of these projects include contact info and demographic updates on major donor and institutional records, researching new addresses for former donors, and digitizing old gift documentation. Reporting to the Sr. CRM Application Administrator, the Development Operations Intern will gain experience in Salesforce and digital archiving, as well as discovering what office work is like in a nonprofit environment.
The Intern will gain the following skills:
- Salesforce CRM
- Database maintenance
- Donor research
- Digital archiving
- Verifies, updates, and inputs demographic and other information about donors in the database.
- Birthday research on major donors/prospects
- Research and update contacts on org records not stewarded by IG who have given in last 5 years
- Address research on lapsed major donors
- Recording information for donors who have given through DAFs in the past and cleaning-up records
- Digitizing old gift documentation and filing on SharePoint
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and Outlook;
- Knowledge of relational databases, preferably Salesforce a plus;
- Demonstrated analytical, organizational and critical thinking skills;
- Rigorous attention to detail;
How to Apply:
This is a paid 8-week program, beginning June 22nd and concluding August 14th. It is designed for students who have completed at least one year at a college or university. Students interested in pursuing a summer internship at AJWS should submit a resume and application via email to email@example.com with the name(s) of the internship(s) in the subject line.
Driven by Jewish and human rights values, AJWS prioritizes and celebrates diversity. People of color; lesbian, gay, bisexual, intersex, trans and gender non-conforming people; women; and differently abled people are encouraged to apply. We also encourage applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual and cultural backgrounds.
Application submission deadline is March 6, 2020.