The AJWS Development Operations team is seeking a development intern with strong interest in the not-for-profit sector, particularly in human rights or international development, to assist in all aspects of fundraising operations. The intern will report to the Director of Development Operations, and will focus on database hygiene and prospect research. This includes gift processing, donation collections, and donor receipts/acknowledgements
The Intern will gain the following skills:
- Database maintenance
- Donor research
- Donor stewardship (ex. acknowledgements)
- Assist with database clean-up projects during for database conversion.
- Verifies, updates and inputs demographic and other information about donors in the database.
- Basic donor research and updating donor database with information from recent profiles (add relationships, create constituent records for spouses, etc)
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience in relational databases, preferably in Salesforce or Raiser’s Edge
- Demonstrated analytical, organizational and critical thinking skills.
- Rigorous attention to detail.
How to Apply:
This is a 10-week program, beginning June 11th and concluding August 16th. It is designed for students who have completed at least one year at a college or university. The internship is unpaid but interns may apply for credit or funding through their college or university. Students interested in pursuing a summer internship at AJWS should submit a resume and application via email to email@example.com with the name(s) of the internship(s) in the subject line.
Deadline to apply: March 8, 2019