The AJWS Development team is seeking an intern with strong interest in the not-for-profit sector, particularly in human rights or international development, to assist in all aspects of fundraising. The intern will be based in the Los Angeles regional office reporting to the respective Development Officers and will work on projects to build AJWS presence in its regional cities. This position requires individuals who are self-starters, organized, and able to work effectively as part of a small team of remote colleagues with a variety of constituents, including staff, board members, and donors.
The Intern will gain the following skills:
A development internship provides an opportunity:
- for a budding human rights activist to gain experience in and familiarity with areas such as fundraising, philanthropy, and the day-to-day operations of a nonprofit organization with a global reach.
- To be mentored by development associates and officers
- To learn a wide range of skills — including database management, research, donor prospecting, and effective donor communication — carried out by a nonprofit development department.
- Build relationships with professionals working in nonprofit development and programs
- Learn strategy through departmental and staff meetings
- Help identify new partnership opportunities for the Development team
- Foundation and donor prospect research
- Supporting Development team on a variety of special event projects including donor book clubs and film screenings
- Assisting with database management (training on Raiser’s Edge provided)
- Social media management and assisting with donor communication
- Experience conducting research and analysis
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work both independently and part of a multi-city team depending on the project
- Excellent written and inter-personal skills
- Flexibility and a willingness to take on varied tasks with different Development team members
- Passion for global social justice
How to Apply:
This is a 10-week program, beginning June 11th and concluding August 16th. It is designed for students who have completed at least one year at a college or university. The internship is unpaid but interns may apply for credit or funding through their college or university. Students interested in pursuing a summer internship at AJWS should submit a resume and application via email to email@example.com with the name(s) of the internship(s) in the subject line.
Deadline to apply: March 8, 2019