Overview of AJWS
American Jewish World Service (AJWS) is the leading Jewish organization working to fight poverty and pursue justice in the developing world. By supporting hundreds of social change organizations in 19 countries, we respond to the most pressing issues of our time—from disasters, genocide and hunger, to the persecution of women and minorities worldwide. With Jewish values and a global reach, AJWS is making a difference in millions of lives and bringing a more just and equitable world closer for all.
AJWS seeks a skilled part-time Development Associate to support the work of the Donor Engagement department. The position is responsible for providing administrative and planning support for all major donor events, international Study Tours and programs organized by the Donor Engagement team. The ideal candidate for this position will have a deep commitment to AJWS’s mission, be able to manage detailed logistics on multiple projects, have strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills. Strong writing, editing and critical-thinking skills are also essential.
This is a part-time, temporary position with an expected commitment of 16hrs/week for approximately six months. This position is not eligible for benefits.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative support for all events and Study Tours planned by the Donor Engagement team. Includes developing project plans, entering information into databases, creating and updating registration lists, ordering materials, liaising with vendors, producing and analyzing reports, managing contracts and payments, tracking expenses and budgets, and staffing events as needed;
- Create invitations, marketing materials and talking points for donor events in partnership with the Communications Division;
- Draft marketing and pre-departure materials for Study Tour travelers including postcards, flyers, packing lists, recommended reading lists, etc.;
- Research, identify and secure guest speakers, venues and caterers for events;
- Organize and help to lead fundraising efforts for special projects such as charity partner programs and AJWS’s relationship with Global Impact;
- Organize and help to lead the planning of staff meetings and retreats;
- Manage team calendar, schedule meetings and trainings with staff across divisions;
- Research and stay up to date on non-profit event trends;
- Bachelor’s degree required, graduate degree a plus;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- 2+ years of administrative, program development or event coordinating experience;
- Fundraising or non-profit experience highly desirable;
- Must be an organized, detail oriented self-starter with acute attention to detail;
- Must be a creative, flexible team player able to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing work environment;
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously, sometimes with competing or tight deadlines;
- Willingness to work occasional evenings, weekends and early morning hours as events require;
- Experience managing data, budgets and reports;
- Knowledge of Raisers Edge and Salesforce software preferred.
People of color; lesbian, gay, bisexual, intersex, trans and gender non-conforming people; women; and differently abled people are encouraged to apply. We also encourage applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, intellectual and cultural backgrounds.
Authorization to work in the US is required.
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration, apply below. Please put your name in the title of both documents.
Applications submitted without a resume and personalized cover letter will not be considered.