Careers at AJWS
Senior Server Engineer (New York, NY)
Reporting to the Director of IT, the Senior Server Engineer is required to build, manage, and monitor server platforms including Windows Server 2003 and 2008 standalone and clustering, VMWare ESX 5.1 Enterprise. Responsibilities include building, monitoring and troubleshooting hardware, OS and application performance issues. Additional responsibilities will include management of multiple projects of varying complexities and priorities. Deliverables vary from process/workflow documentation, audit reports and server utilization reports. The candidate is expected to collaborate with peers and utilize resources in other departments in order to complete any number of server administration related requests and projects. This is a high level position with significant operational responsibilities and will require a detail-oriented individual able to follow complex technical instructions.
- Administer all data center operations, including email, file, print and application servers supporting 200 users worldwide;
- Develop and maintain systems architecture for local offices in conformance with best practices of Worldwide IT Operations;
- Responsible for securing data and systems, backup, archiving and disaster recovery strategies;
- Propose and perform upgrades to hardware/software;
- The ability to write business documents such as RFP's and Business Cases for enhancements of expanding HW and SW needs;
- Handle support for all wireless email devices; and
- The ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at any given time.
- Five or more years of system administration experience;
- Manage the archiving of data for both server and email accounts for all worldwide offices;
- Ability to work nights and weekends, as necessary;
- Maintain enterprise backups using Veeam and disk to disk backup strategy;
- Microsoft Exchange 2010 Server expertise and administration experience;
- Active Directory administration with site to site replication;
- Experience performing day-to-day server maintenance such as securing the OS, applying patches, service packs, upgrades, etc;
- IIS, Apache, or other web management;
- Create SQL databases for Vcenter and various applications and ensure proper backups are getting accomplished;
- Unix/Linux/OSX background a plus;
- Responsible for managing all FTP and agency application tools for communication and collaboration;
- A self-starter willing and able to work with minimal supervision, contributing ideas and working as a valuable member of the IT Team;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Thorough knowledge of VMware enterprise, VMware SRM, Windows2003/2008 Server, MS Exchange 2010 w/DAG;
- Thorough understanding of IP protocols and domain administration, SSL certificates, DHCP and DNS server administration throughout multiple locations;
- Expertise in SAN storage technologies – Dell Equilogic preferred;
- Experience supporting Macintosh clients a plus;
- Excellent ability to setup and manage multiple networking and server monitoring tools – MRTG, Nagios, Solarwinds, OME, HQ SAN;and
- Experience working with and managing cloud based solutions.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate your name and "Senior Server Engineer" in the subject line.
We thank you for your interest in career opportunities with AJWS. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
AJWS is an equal opportunity employer and provides competitive salaries and benefits.
Tell Congress to Pass IVAWA
Join AJWS in advocating for the passage of the International Violence Against Women Act, which supports innovative, cost-effective programs that have been shown to decrease violence against women and girls.