Careers at AJWS
Senior Payroll and Benefits Specialist (New York, NY)
As an integral member of the Human Resources department, AJWS is seeking an experienced Senior Payroll and Benefits Specialist with a keen eye for detail, with a strong emphasis on data integrity and an ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Reporting to the Associate Director of HR and working closely with the HR and Finance departments, the Senior Payroll and Benefits Specialist will be responsible for all payroll and benefits administration, as well as data management.
Payroll and Benefits
- Responsible for preparing, processing, reporting and tax compliance for semi-monthly multi-state payroll through ADP Pay Expert;
- Manage administration of all employee statutory and voluntary benefit plans (medical, dental, retirement plan, life, disability, flexible spending, commuter and COBRA), including enrollments, billing and vendor management;
- Respond to all employee inquiries regarding payroll and benefits questions, including policy and plan clarification;
- Administer paid time off plans, including leaves of absence, disability and parental leave;
- Research and track all legal and benefit regulations, ensuring federal and state compliance;
- Provide research to support our growing global payroll and benefits needs as well as understanding best practices, through bench-marking data within our industry;
- Work closely with HR team to ensure AJWS benefit offerings remain extremely competitive, while striving for cost containment and potential cost savings during each annual open enrollment process; and
- Main point of contact for all annual audit and legal filings, including 403(b) audit, 5500 and EEO-1 filings;
HR Data System
- Administer and maintain our HR data system (Epicor), ensuring data integrity
- Manage all monthly, semi-monthly, annual and ad-hoc reporting, including organizational charts, setting up standard reports for managers and employees, benefit reconciliations, total compensation statements and compensation reports;
- Liaise with vendor, handle billing, support HR in considering new module rollouts (applicant tracking and performance management) and upgrades (and repercussions for such upgrades)
- Support HR with the rollout of employee self service, manager self service, applicant tracking MSS and future rollouts, including ongoing employee trainings; and
- Manage employee file management, including proper documentation of I9s, ensuring file integrity with regard to record retention and answer all employment verification requests.
- At least 7 years’ relevant work experience handling multi-state payroll and benefits administration and exposure to global payroll
- Extensive experience working with Payroll and HR data systems required;
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws relating to key areas of responsibility;
- Flexible work style with the ability to work under tight deadlines, shift priorities, manage multiple complex tasks, use sound judgment and make appropriate decisions;
- Detail-oriented and well-organized;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Motivated self-starter capable of working independently as well as within a team;
- Track record of professionalism and maintaining confidentiality;
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and OrgPublisher preferred;
- Alignment with AJWS core values; and
- Commitment to AJWS’s mission and issues of global social justice.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please forward your resume, cover letter including salary history and requirements firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and “Senior Payroll and Benefits Specialist” in the subject line.
We thank you for your interest in career opportunities with AJWS. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
AJWS is an equal opportunity employer and provides competitive salaries and benefits.
Tell Congress to Pass IVAWA
Join AJWS in advocating for the passage of the International Violence Against Women Act, which supports innovative, cost-effective programs that have been shown to decrease violence against women and girls.