Careers at AJWS
Human Resources Intern (New York, NY)
The human resources intern will support the HR team in all areas including staffing and recruitment, employee relations, regulatory compliance, compensation and benefits administration, learning and development, and performance management. The intern will conduct external research on best practices within the field and assist with the writing and editing of various employee policies.
- A strong knowledge and interest in human resources
- Team player with a positive attitude and a disposition that instills trust
- Ability to prioritize duties and be proactive
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Access & Power Point
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Must display excellent judgment and a high level of confidentiality
- Well organized with strong time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities
What will the student learn from the internship?
The human resources intern will learn the ins and outs of an active HR department with a 100-plus international workforce while developing many of the skills needed to become a successful HR professional. In addition to the varied opportunities to learn about AJWS, the Jewish community and international development, the intern will gain in-depth knowledge of the career paths available in the field of Human Resources.
We thank you for your interest in career opportunities with AJWS. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
AJWS is an equal opportunity employer and provides competitive salaries and benefits.
Tell Congress to Pass IVAWA
Join AJWS in advocating for the passage of the International Violence Against Women Act, which supports innovative, cost-effective programs that have been shown to decrease violence against women and girls.