Careers at AJWS
Development Associate/Office Manager (San Francisco, CA)
Overview of Department
Led by the Executive Director, San Francisco Bay Area and Western Region, AJWS’s San Francisco Tier 1 City office is responsible for overseeing and implementing the vision of AJWS in the San Francisco Bay Area including revenue generation through major gifts, raising community awareness and increasing brand permeation through special events and targeted communications, and building Jewish community relations both with organizations and key opinion leaders to achieve policy change.
Working as a member of a fast paced, high energy team, the primary responsibility of the Development Associate/Office Manager is to ensure the smooth functioning and high performance of the San Francisco office by assisting the Executive Director in all aspects of fundraising, community relations and travel, by supporting the San Francisco staff as a team member in the planning and execution of special events and in the execution of national development programs. Additionally, the Development Associate/Office Manager is responsible for managing the office facilities and all finance and administrative support for the office.
- Coordination of all San Francisco Office financial requirements in compliance with the national office including processing and submitting payment requests, contracts, reimbursement reports, petty cash requests and monthly expense reports;
- Liaise directly with staff in the national office to ensure smooth functioning of all systems by coordinating between San Francisco and NYC specifically with the IT department and the Raiser’s Edge database administrator based in the national office;
- Manage the Raiser’s Edge database for the San Francisco staff including running queries and reports, producing labels, generating fundraising reports, performing ongoing data entry to update constituent information, researching donor histories, performing ongoing list management and conducting gift analysis. Make recommendations on how to maximize database and fundraising opportunities;
- Manage all aspects of the physical office including evaluating and making recommendations on improving the filing system for the office and general office space organization, ordering supplies as needed, answering phones, assisting with mailings, updating and maintaining internal Western Region office documents including the staff directory, activities log and calendar, overseeing the inventory of AJWS publications and collateral materials;
- Assist the Executive Director and San Francisco Office staff with the planning, organizing and executing of all special event planning for revenue generation, donor cultivation, community building, visibility awareness and trip recruitment. Coordinate invitations and mailings, manage RSVP lists and communications and liaise with colleagues in Communications, Development and Finance departments to ensure collaboration, make follow up calls and manage day-of event logistic management, secure venues and negotiate budgets and contracts for venues and vendors;
- In coordination with staff in the San Francisco City office, help plan and coordinate domestic fundraising trips to the San Francisco Bay Area for AJWS President, Ruth Messinger;
- Assist Executive Director in all aspects of managing and acquiring high net worth donors in the San Francisco Bay Area and Western Region including but not limited to coordinating meetings, processing donor requests, liaising with Board members, assisting in the development and stewardship of the local leadership group, coordinating travel logistics within the United States, sending targeted communications from the Executive Director to constituents and conducting follow up calls;
- Assist the Executive Director in engaging targeted affinity groups through the planning and implementation of affinity group programming and cultivation opportunities;
- Assist in managing volunteers and interns in support of San Francisco Bay Area and Western Region revenue generation and community awareness programs; and,
- Collaborate with staff in San Francisco and the national office to plan and coordinate inter-division High Holiday mailing of 5,000+ names, including creating a calendar and timeline for the mailing, gathering names and contact information for each division contact, providing all divisions with a timeline and deadline and distributing cards for signing.
- Four-year College Degree or equivalent experience required;
- Minimum of 3 -5 years of non-profit or related experience within complex and dynamic organizations;
- Knowledge of non-profit organizational culture preferred;
- Display a strong sense of sophistication and a collaborative, strategic approach to fundraising;
- Previous office management experience required;
- Previous experience working with budgets, expense reports, payment requests and familiarity with IT troubleshooting;
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office suite especially Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook;
- Previous experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar database required;
- Previous experience with Target Analytics software preferred;
- Detail oriented and well-organized; able to manage multiple complex tasks, flexible work style with ability to manage priorities and ability to work under tight deadlines with shifting priorities. Motivated self-starter capable of working independently as well as on a team; able to work nights and weekends as required by the job;
- Event planning experience; and
- Experience working effectively and respectfully with members of the senior leadership team.
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and indicate your name and "Development Associate/Officer Manager" in the subject line. Applications submitted without a personalized cover letter will not be considered.
We thank you for your interest in career opportunities with AJWS. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
AJWS is an equal opportunity employer and provides competitive salaries and benefits.
Make Our Food Aid Dollars Count!
Join us in calling on Congress to strengthen long-term food security by reforming our international food aid programs.