Mexico Study Tour
Embark on a unique, philanthropic expedition to Mexico with Ruth Messinger and fellow AJWS supporters. Dividing our time between bustling Mexico City and the culturally rich region of Oaxaca, we will experience an unforgettable week of learning, reflection and tourism. Together, we will meet local human rights activists who are fighting for the rights of women, LGBT people and oppressed communities like the Zapotec and Mixteca people. We will also learn how we as Jews can make a difference in fighting prejudice, oppression and poverty worldwide.
- Meet with inspirational women activists using educational performance art and theatre to stop violence against women.
- Visit Zapotec and Mixteca communities defending their lives and ancestral lands from the devastating effects of illegal mining.
- Sample local cuisines, explore the Oaxacan arts scene and visit remote areas of Mexico’s exquisite countryside rarely seen by tourists.
- Trip Cost (excluding international airfare)
- Dates: June 21-26, 2015*
- Cost: $3,150 per person double occupancy ($900 single supplement)
- Priority registration ends April 21, 2015.
- *Dates do not include international travel and may alter slightly.