Rabbis: Preliminary Fellowship Schedule and Requirements
Preliminary Fellowship Schedule and Requirements
The following is a preliminary list of events, workshops, dates and fellowship commitments (dates are tentative and subject to change):
Save these mandatory fellowship dates:
- Welcome and Introductory Webinar
- Thursday, August 20, 2015, 12:00 p.m.-1:45 p.m. ET
- Wellstone Organizing Training
- Monday-Tuesday, October 26-27, 2015, 9:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m ET
- Webinar TBD
- Thursday, November 12, 2015, 12-1:30 p.m. ET
- Friday, December 11, 2015, 12-1:30 p.m. ET
- Travel to the Dominican Republic
- Sunday-Tuesday, January 17-26, 2016
- Webinar TBD
- Thursday, March 10, 2016, 12-1:30 p.m. ET
- Thursday, April 14, 2016, 12-1:30 p.m. ET
- AJWS Global Policy Summit: Three Days of Training and Lobbying in Washington, D.C.
- Sunday-Tuesday, May 15-17, 2016
- Thursday, June 16, 2016, 12-1:30 p.m. ET
- Thursday, July 14, 2016, 12-1:30 p.m. ET
Ongoing Fellowship Commitments
- Meet quarterly with a skilled member of the AJWS campaigns and organizing department.
- Attend local monthly Action Team meetings, take on leadership roles and plan campaign events.
- Deepen your knowledge and skills through ongoing individual, partner and group learning with Jewish and secular sources.
- Take Action with AJWS
- Speak and/or write about your experience and AJWS’s campaign work
- Generate local press
- Recruit new supporters to the Action Team and AJWS community
- Participate in local lobbying meetings with elected officials
- Organize your local community to mobilize support for AJWS’s advocacy campaign
- Take part in additional organizing skills trainings sessions, ranging in topics from coalition building to online organizing
- Fundraise for AJWS