AJWS Global Justice Fellowship for Rabbis: Pre-Application
Thank you for your interest in the AJWS Global Justice Fellowship for rabbis.
The deadline for completing the online application is Monday, February 22nd, 2015, at midnight EST.
We look forward to receiving your application. Monday, February 22nd, 2015, at midnight EST.
You must start and complete your application in one session, so please prepare all of the materials listed below in advance. Filling out the application form will take approximately 30 minutes, assuming that all items in the list below are prepared and ready to be uploaded. Once you begin the online application, do not exit your browser before submitting. No information can be saved online and returned to at a later time.
Please prepare the following materials prior to beginning your online application:
- References: The names, contact information, employer information and relation to you of two references
- Resume and a recent headshot
- Short Answers: Responses to each of the following questions in 200 words or less:
- Why do you want to participate in the AJWS Global Justice Fellowship?
- What unique qualities do you bring to the Fellowship? (Please include any of the following: issue expertise, skills, past experiences, perspective, networks you want to organize or anything else you feel is relevant). If you wish to respond to this question via video submission, please upload a one-minute video to YouTube and provide the URL link to the video in the space provided below. Note: All video submissions must be under one minute.
- Please include a brief, 125-word biography describing yourself, your current job or educational program and relevant background information. Please be sure to write in third person (e.g., "Sarah is..." not "I am...").
Bios should be written according to the following format: Current position, then work history moving backwards. Other points of interest, such as if you wrote a book or had a previous career, come next. Education may be included following your career. At the end you may include one brief sentence about family and/or personal interests related to social justice.
Below is an example bio (please follow similar style and content):
Jane Doe is a project manager for the Building Resilience Against Climate Effects in Illinois (BRACE-Illinois) project at the University of Illinois at Chicago School of Public Health (UIC SPH). As project manager, Jane works in partnership with the Illinois Department of Public Health to develop a climate and health adaptation plan for Illinois. Previously, she served as an outreach paralegal for the Migrant Farmworker Justice Project in Florida. She holds a B.A. in Spanish and international relations from Franklin & Marshall College and an M.P.H. in community health sciences from UIC SPH. A former Peace Corps volunteer, Jane currently resides in Chicago with her partner and two children.
We strongly encourage you to use Google Chrome when filling out and submitting your application. The application does not always work on other internet browsers.
Remember, you cannot save the application once you begin, so please prepare all of the above materials before you click below.