New York Metro Area Leaders: Preliminary Fellowship Schedule and Requirements
Preliminary Fellowship Schedule and Requirements
The following is a preliminary list of events, workshops, dates and fellowship commitments (dates are tentative and subject to change):
Save these mandatory fellowship dates:
- Sunday, January 11, 2015, 10:00am–6:00 p.m.
- Sunday, February 22, 2015, Wellstone Organizing Training, 9:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m
- Monday, February 23, 2015, Wellstone Organizing Training, 6:00–9:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 18, 6:00–9:00 p.m.
- Thursday, April 30, 6:00–9:00 p.m.
- Monday–Wednesday, May 11–13, 2015, AJWS Global Policy Summit: Two Days of Training and Lobbying in Washington, D.C.
- Sunday–Tuesday, June 7–16, 2015, Travel to the Dominican Republic
- Tuesday, July 21 — 6:00–9:00pm
- Sunday, August 30 — 12:00–5:00pm
- Thursday, December 17 — 6:00–9:00pm
Ongoing Fellowship Commitments
- Meet quarterly with a skilled member of the AJWS campaigns and organizing department
- Attend local monthly Action Team meetings, take on leadership roles and plan campaign events. The NY Action Team meets on the first Thursday of every month and is the home of the We Believe campaign in the New York metro area.
- Deepen your knowledge and skills through ongoing individual, partner and group learning with Jewish and secular sources.
- Speak and/or write about AJWS’s campaign
- Generate local press
- Recruit new supporters to the Action Team and AJWS community
- Participate in local lobbying meetings with elected officials
- Organize your local community to mobilize support for AJWS’s advocacy campaign
- Take part in additional organizing skills trainings sessions, ranging in topics from coalition building to online organizing
- Fundraise for AJWS