This Shavuot, share your commitment to social justice with students, friends and family by using a variety of resources provided by American Jewish World Service.
- Shavuot Chag v'Chesed 5773
by Rabbi Joseph Telushkin
- Celebrating the giving of the Torah and reflecting on its wisdom about relating to refugees.
- Shavuot Chag v'Chesed 5772
by Jerry Silverman
- As we celebrate the Torah—the foundation of our community, remembering our responsibility to care for the global community.
- Shavuot Chag v'Chesed 5771
by Blu Greenberg
- Learning from the agricultural laws of Shavuot to share our bounty with those in need.
- Shavuot Chag v'Chesed 5770
by Dr. Meesh Hammer-Kossoy
- Using Megillat Ruth to call for the inclusion and empowerment of women in forging a strong future.
- Shavuot Chag v'Chesed 5769
by Rabbi Dov Linzer
- Reminding us to be thankful for our ability to provide for ourselves and our families, while also obligating us to live up to the demands of tzedek to ensure that all members can be participating members of our community.
- Shavuot Chag v'Chesed 5768
by Rabbi Gordon Tucker
- Reminding us that our gifts must be earned by being good.
Make Our Food Aid Dollars Count!
Join us in calling on Congress to strengthen long-term food security by reforming our international food aid programs.