“Speak up for the voiceless, for the rights of all the
unseen… champion the poor and the needy.”
– Proverbs 31:8-9
Dear AJWS Advocate,
Thank you for your interest in becoming an advocate for change. This toolkit is a tactical guide to help you advocate and organize your community into a powerful constituency that can help drive progress on the issues you and AJWS care about.
In this toolkit, you will find:
- Suggestions for becoming an effective advocate;
- Ways to educate and energize your community;
- Tips on planning events and other actions;
- Methods of engaging the media;
- Ways to maximize your impact by advocating to your elected officials.
We hope you find our advocacy toolkit a useful starting point for engagement, but we hope you’ll see it as just that: a starting point. Do not limit yourself to our suggestions. Be creative in how you organize around issues, who you focus on engaging, what events you plan and ways you influence your elected representatives.
Thank you for taking leadership!
The AJWS Advocacy Team